Daz Dillinger News
- Daz Dillinger Has Announced The Cast Of His Dogg Pound BiopicSep 8, 2015 at 12:39pmWhile Straight Outta Compton has only been out for a few weeks, there have already been multiple rumors about biopics that would pick up storylines introduced in the film -- namely the Dogg Pound and Death Row.
- Universal Denies Rumors Of Snoop Dogg & Tupac-centric Sequel To "Straight Outta Compton"Aug 22, 2015 at 09:51amWith the introduction of a few familiar faces in the film's final third, it seemed inevitable that Straight Outta Compton would spawn some sort of spin-off that followed the likes of Snoop Dogg and Tupac.
- Daz Dillinger Says There Will Be A "Straight Outta Compton" Sequel Focusing On Tupac & Snoop DoggAug 21, 2015 at 10:15amVery soon after a huge weekend for "Straight Outta Compton," it's become apparent that the film will set off a wave of additional rap biopics in Hollywood. The film has proven to studio executives that the genre can in fact be more profitable than, say, the movie "Notorious" was, and now rappers seem to be clamoring to get their stories told on the big screen.
- Daz Dillinger Hints At Tha Dogg Pound Sequel To N.W.A. MovieJul 9, 2015 at 05:52pmUpcoming N.W.A. biopic "Straight Outta Compton" will have a sequel based on Tha Dogg Pound, said Daz Dillinger in a recent interview with VladTV. Daz said the sequel is tentatively called "DPG For Life."
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The VaultApr 25, 2015 at 05:50pmIn a recent interview with VladTV, Daz Dillinger revealed that he's currently sitting on two unreleased tracks that he made with Notorious B.I.G. during the mid-90's. "I did two songs with him that I got in the vaults somewhere," Daz said. "I gotta pull them out of the final machine... One was a verse and one he did a hook for me." The Tha Dogg Pound rapper said his relationship with Biggie was friendly in spite of the West Coast-East Coast beef of that era, which he perceived to be media-driven.
- Suge Knight Says Daz Dillinger Ghost-Produced Most Of "Doggystyle" For Dr. DreNov 26, 2013 at 02:15pmIt's no secret that Dr. Dre has had some help with his production in the past. Scott Storch, Mel-Man, and Colin Wolfe are a few of those at least partially responsible for some of the rapper/producer's biggest tracks. Another name who has appeared in the writing credits of Dre's albums is Dat Nigga Daz aka Daz Dillinger. It's documented that Daz played a pretty large role in the production on Doggystyle, with writing credits on 6 tracks, but according to a new interview with Suge Knight, he may have not been given the credit he deserved.
- Daz Dillinger Claims GTA V Used Two Of His Tracks Without PermissionOct 11, 2013 at 10:42amDaz Dillinger has some beef with the new video game Grand Theft Auto V. Daz filed a cease & desist letter to the makers of GTA V, for allegedly using his music in the video game without the rapper's permission. Daz says in the letter to Take-Two Interactive Software and Rockstar Games, he was offered $4,271.00 for two tracks, "C-Walk" and "Nothin' But the Cavi Hit." In his letter Daz calls the amount "offensively low" and thus he turned them down. However, the two songs still found their way into the game's soundtrack.
- WC & Daz Dillinger Announce Joint Album "West Coast Gangsta Shit" [Update: Tracklist Revealed]Jun 12, 2013 at 11:05amWC and Daz Dillinger have decided to collaborate on a new album, which they announced today. The two West Coast artists are teaming up for West Coast Gangsta Shit, they revealed, alongside the artwork.