Rapper and entrepreneur Chamillionaire is known by many for his single “Ridin’” that won a Grammy in 2007. Over the course of his sixteen year career, the Houston native has collaborated with a wide range of artists that includes childhood friend Paul Wall, Kelis, Ludacris, Slim Thug, Big K.R.I.T., Ciara, Three 6 Mafia, Twista, Nipsey Hussle, Mannie Fresh, Jibbs, Lil’ Flip, Bobby V, Trick Daddy, Lil Wayne, UGK, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Killer Mike, and Rockie Fresh, among others. Chamillionaire is also among hip-hop’s most business-savvy artists. He is the CEO of Chamillitary Entertainment, the record label that he has released much of his music on. This past February, Chamillionaire released Elevate, a seven-track, featureless EP that he stated would be one of many EP’s that he would drop in anticipation for his third studio-album ‘Poison’. Expect it to drop sometime during 2014.
- He was born to a Muslim, Nigerian father and a Christian mother
- He founded The Color Changin’ Click in 1997, a hip-hop group that he, his brother Rasaq, as well as Paul Wall remained a part of until the group split in 2005
- He has always been a Lakers fan despite growing up in Houston
- He is a businessman who, along with founding a record label, invested in an auto dealership, started a modeling company, and owned a Tour Bus company
- He once asked Michael Jordan for a picture, to which Jordan reportedly replied, “I ain’t taking pictures with no niggas!”