About Brother Ali
Among the more intriguing artists in the hip-hop industry is Wisconsin-native Brother Ali. He began his music career in 1998 and released his debut album “Rites of Passage” in 2000. To date he has released five studio albums and four EPs. He is best known for his 2007 singles “Truth Is” and “Uncle Sam Goddamn” off of his third album “The Undisputed Truth”.
He is often labeled as an underground artist, and thus his list of artist collaborations is not as extensive as others, but he has collaborated with notable artists and producers including Slug, Chuck D, Freeway, Joell Ortiz, Stokley Wiliams, Jake One, Ant, and others. He has produced a lot of his own music, and has had much of his other music produced by Ant of Atmosphere and Jake One.
In 2013, he released “Left in the Dock”, an EP produced by Jake One. He called the project some of his best rhyming. Brother Ali has yet to announce upcoming music, but has been working on a collaborative project with Freeway. Specifics have not been announced, but stay posted for any releases from Brother Ali.
- He was born with albinism and he lacks pigment in his skin, eyes, and hair, and is also legally blind because of the disorder.
- He felt excluded by his white classmates as a child and felt more comfortable around African-Americans from an early age.
- He has performed on The Late Late Show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- He cites Public Enemy, KRS-One, and Rakim as some of his inspirations.
- He converted to Islam when he was fifteen-years-old.
Not A Day Goes By Brother Ali8.7K Views11 Comments
Don't Mess With Me Brother Ali7.2K Views2 Comments
4th King (Prod. By Jake One) Brother Ali7K Views10 Comments
Nardwuar Brother Ali5.3K Views5 Comments
Mourning In America (Prod. By Jake One) Brother Ali5K Views13 Comments
Stop The Press Brother Ali4.7K Views7 Comments