Brother Ali News
- Brother Ali, Atmosphere To Headline Rhymesayers 20th Anniversary ConcertOct 13, 2015 at 03:03pmRhymesayers is one of the most widely-respected independent labels in hip hop. The label announced that they are throwing a 20th anniversary concert on December 4th in Minneapolis, bringing together twenty years of music and artists for a one-night only performance. Almost all the artists signed to Rhymesayers will be performing, highlighted by Brother Ali, Atmopshere, and Aesop Rock (sadly no MF DOOM). Here are the acts in alphabetical order.
- Talib Kweli Announces Album With 9th WonderSep 29, 2015 at 10:03amOver year and a half ago, Talib Kweli, mentioned that he was working on an album with acclaimed producer 9th Wonder. It now appears the album is done or close to completion.
- Brother Ali Announces "Home Away From Home" TourSep 15, 2014 at 12:46pmToday Brother Ali has announced a new "Home Away From Home" tour, and to go with it, he's dropped a song and music video of the same name, featuring his touring partners Mally and Bambu. The tour will take the Rhymesayer from Colorado Springs on September 16th to Chicago on November 14th, where it'll wrap up.
- Stream Brother Ali & Jake One's New "Left In The Deck" Project In FullSep 5, 2013 at 03:17pmWithout warning, Brother Ali has not only announced a new 10-track project, but revealed the artwork and track list with a full stream. Produced entirely by veteran Seattle producer Jake One, "Left In The Deck" is both a solid addition to contemporary hip-hop and a throwback to the cassette tape era. The album stream comes with the following PSA from Ali himself:
- Brother Ali & Immortal Technique Announce "War & Peace Tour" DatesJul 12, 2013 at 04:54pmBrother Ali and Immortal Technique have announced that they will head out on a 26-date "War & Peace Tour." The tour opens September 5 at the Mateel Community Center at Redway, California and closes out October 5 in New York. The tour includes all four "Rock The Bells" dates. View the full schedule below.
- Review: Brother Ali's "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color"Sep 22, 2012 at 02:22pmBrother Ali, real name Jason Newman, has been red flagged by the Department of Homeland Security, but that hasn’t stopped the rapper from bearing a star spangled one for his latest album, Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color, produced by Rhymesayers’ Jake One. The album is advertised as “inspired by his eye-opening first trip to Mecca, the 2011 uprisings in the Middle East, and the worldwide Occupy movements.” The rapper is a devout Muslim from an impoverished