Amir Obe (Phreshy Duzit) News
- Staff Picks Playlist (November 20)Nov 20, 2015 at 02:01pmToday has been very heavy on the album release side, as you've probably noticed by the almost insurmountable number of streams we've posted thus far (and there are more to come). In between this week's long list of new releases, as well as last week's, your iTunes should be busy for a while. That's not even mentioning the mixtapes that'll drop on Thanksgiving Day next week-- Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent.
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)Oct 9, 2015 at 05:24pmIt's that time of the week again. The weather might be crap, but work's over, school's out, and that should be enough to get your mind in the right place. If not, then we've got your musical medication, which will, no doubt, pair nicely with whatever other treats, medical-grade or otherwise, you've got on deck.
- 10 Essential Amir Obe TracksAug 16, 2015 at 04:28pmAmir Obè is a fresh voice in hip hop. Taking on the melodic, ethereal sound that has been spearheaded by Drake, Obè is poised to be one of the big names in a world that continues to embrace that sound. Along with the likes of Quentin Miller, Partynextdoor, and Frank Dukes, Amir Obe is one of the up-and-coming names that contributed to Drake's album If You're Reading This It's Too Late. The MC also dropped off Detrooklyn last year, which was a solid mixtape that has propelled his music into the ears of millions.
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)Jul 31, 2015 at 01:20pmThis week's edition of Staff Picks seems to be (accidentally) OVO themed, like a light/curated version of OVO Radio. Drizzy dominated this week, dropping two diss records (back to back), to be followed up by Meek's own attempt at a diss track last night.
- 5 Dope Tracks From Episode 2 Of OVO Sound RadioJul 27, 2015 at 03:54pmThe Oliver El Khatib-Drake-Noah "40" Shebib triumvirate dropped a quartet of bombs during Saturday's episode of OVO Sound Radio: PND's "No Feelings" feat.
- On The Come Up: Amir ObeOct 1, 2014 at 05:51pmHotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine. We will profile artists and producers ranging from those in the deep underground to artists just about to bubble up into the mainstream that you may have missed. You'll be able to check out some of their best work, and we'll break down what makes them great by category.
- Underrated Audio: July 5- July 11Jul 12, 2014 at 12:11pmUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days, that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here. After going on a brief break over the 4th of July weekend, we're back this week giving you five looks that deserve a second look. Among them, Rome Fortune teamed up with Childish Major for a low-key ode to night time fun, Nikko Lafre gets on his story-telling tip, King Chip is lazy, and more.
- Underrated Audio: June 7- June 13Jun 14, 2014 at 10:04amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days, that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here. For this week's selection of records, we've got five drops, two of which happen to both belong to Detroit rappers, Amir Obe and ZelooperZ respectively. There's also overlooked music from West Coast OG Murs, new Rostrum Records' signee Boaz and more.
- Underrated Audio: March 22- March 28Mar 29, 2014 at 10:12amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days, that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here.